Saturday, March 20, 2010

When the going get's tough

Someone or something else has moved onto the farm, it's called the unreasonable bound to appear sooner or later side of the over-bearing and pushy mum.

Host mum isn't happy. She says that things aren't as good as they were, we don't share any more, we don't talk any more, the house is messy........The house is messy because I stopped tidying up after you arses. When I tried to encourage the children to clean up after themselves, I didn't get much support. When I do the shopping, nothing, when I found the rental accommodation in Montpelier, nothing.....Whatever!

I had a lot more to add to the conversation but due to the fact that the children kept wanting in on the conversation it just didn't feel like the right time. Wednesdays I give my classes and as she is there, I practically leave her to it, it is meant to be my day off anyway. I told her that in the evening(on a Wednesday), I will most likely be out if the house as I will have been cooped up for the whole day. My friend warned me that things always start off nice but that it is usually the women who mess things up, very true.

None of what she was saying really made sense and it all boiled down to, I kinda need you to help out on Wednesdays as well but feel to ashamed to say that I have taken too much on. When I started Coralie didn't have activities on a Wednesday evening and now she finishes her day at 9.30.

She also pointed out that I spend a lot of time in my room, I pointed out that I am studying (writing my blog or FB chatting lol). But my downtime is my downtime. What is her problem?

Was she looking for a friend when she hired the au pair?

I went out twice during this week and that also seemed to bother her, the weather is getting nicer and I will be leaving for the whole weekend at times, what will she do then? Is going out twice in one week when I shall be babysitting the weekend really a bad thing?

I am going to try and be more open but in terms of taking every opportunity to go out, that will not change, I am the one in a strange land and I will do my best to enjoy the time that I have hear. First and foremost I am here for the children's well-being and none of what she had to say concerned that so.........roll on the next three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment