Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The discovery channel

I love rediscovery, when you find yourself, someone, or simply the TLC Fanmail album in the music section of the little library I take the children to in the next town.

As I made my way into Lyon, music blaring I remembered 1999, I was 14, and I had copied the album off my very close friend at the time, the adopted sister as my sister and I used to call her. She got married last year, I didn't go. We had a falling out, things hadn't been as they used to be for a couple of years and as we grew older everyone's priorities changed. I made the right decision for me then, but it feels weird not being in her life. Do I miss her or am I just curious?I have been thinking about her a lot recently...she's probably pregnant that's why! I have discovered that I can let go, nothing is indestructible, although the most fragile things like friendship are hard to let go, how long can you really work on something? I say if you really want it....forever. Breaking up with a friend is harder than breaking up with a man (ask Lauren Conrad), I can't do it again.

I discovered that the boucherie was closed on Mondays. Pity as I had promised to show off my culinary skills. I offered to cook for Giorgio as he had already cooked me a lovely meal the week before, he CAN cook and I had absolutely nothing to complain about. He ended up preparing the dinner again....hmmmmmmmm, I could get used to this but can he?

Love, Love

No comments:

Post a Comment