Thursday, March 25, 2010

Silence is deafening

I never want to hear anything like that again in my life, it keeps replaying in my mind, the high-pitched wail that shocked us into silence.

It was a warm day very much the weather that we have been experiencing of late and as we made our way back to the house, Annabel, Frederic and I in what I and my friends have nicknamed the camion that I drive around.

We couldn't have imagined what would happen next.

We jumped out of the car. Ebony, the puppy managed to drag himself out from under the large people carrier and limped over to the grass. I had run over the dog. Why did it have to be me, if it was going to happen, why couldn't J or JP have done it?

The children were at first shocked but seeing as he wasn't dead, they carried on with their daily routine and snacked before going out to play.

When J arrived we took baby to the vet. An ex lover of JP's brother (she ditched him supposedly). She was lovely and took care of baby's fracture, and now he has to stay in the house for three weeks.

I felt so bad but J and JP didn't say anything and were not angry, I suppose that these things happen, but why me?

Still shaken....at least it wasn't a child.


1 comment: