Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mountain out of a molehill

One of my favourite songs at university repeated these words, 'I'm Ready', it has been an interesting couple of weeks, last weekend was fun, time with the stallion and with the girls.

We two travelled to Annecy and hired a pedalo, ate icecream and enjoyed each other's company.


Sunday we and the girls took the rental car to Marseille AKA Cote Bleu, AKA bliss. I had planned on a long hike but we ended up enjoying the water and chilling out instead.


And then the weekend finished and I return to normality as it is known to my host family. Lo and I went to eat on Monday and after a heart to heart returned to our hell holes (exageration for me).

The next morning went smoothly and I was looking forward to playing with the children that afternoon. I was a little surprised to hear the children tell me that we basically meaning I would be setting up a huge trampoline and supposedly their parents were ok with it. Firstly I am not DIY and secondly, fancy asking me first!? I flat out refused and as they tried to set it up themselves and gave up I wondered what their parents were thinking.

As J came home I went for a jog, it started to rain and I returned to see them clearing up their children's mess, well that's what you get I thought as I walked past and didn't lift a finger.

The next day J decided to do the grocery shopping after about two months, she moaned as she came back that noone was there to help her unpack, oh well, I never get any help either I thought, and really it aint that difficult.

Today she is making a cake/tart for Fred to take to school, I do this all the time alone with the children and yet she cannot manage to do it, she asked for help (which she didn't need) and I didn't help until she directed it at me, she wanted me to spread the apple out on the pastry (WTF, do it yourself, I do it all the time).

Working and having children I can understand is very difficult but please stop making a mountain out of a molehill when you don't help the situation, make the children help you cos when am gone......

1 comment: