Thursday, June 3, 2010

30 is the new 20!

In France anyway, my host parents look better that the Stallion and I, can run farther than I can and stay up later than I do, they are way past 30.

No it's not in the bread, or the cheese, or the wine believe me, I have put it all to the test and I am still gasping for breath after five minutes on the treadmill. So what is it.

'C'est la vie', it actually is, it's all in the way that the French perceive their life, they work hard and party harder. They smoke and drink til 1am and rise up at 6am to run for an hour and a half, they prove that the body can go the distance and perhaps even further.

This is why I am thinking of staying in France, unless I can recreate this lifestyle in the UK, I don't think I will be back there for very long. This experience has been great, ok let us not exagerate, it has been good. I could have made it better but anyway what I am saying is why end it now?

I am searching for jobs in Paris, I fell in love with it around this time a year ago when 7 girls, yes 7 took the Eurostar from St Pancras to Paris Gare du Nord and spent four amazing nights in the city of romance. Without men-go figure! This was also the time that MJ died, we bumped into Bacary Sagna and I had one of my best weaves ever!

This week Fred brought tears to my eyes as he opened up a new towel his mum had bought for him, he asked me if I had one, I said 'no'and then he said that I need one and we must buy one for me. To him I am a part of the family, I'm worried about when I leave..........

Oh well, two weeks and counting!


No comments:

Post a Comment