Monday, June 7, 2010

The pride before the fall

Some say that it is a bad thing to be proud, but what about when you have worked so damn hard to get to where you are. There is a difference between Kanye West, whom I love despite his arrogance (it seems to work as some kind of allure to me) and me-proud. Ok Ok, at times I do border on the KW ego trip but in essence I am just proud of me.

And not enough people are, ever paid someone a compliment and they're like oh this old thing, oh I look so fat in it blah blah far king blah go and bore your therapist I only gave you a compliment?

I don't lie and if you don't look great I won't say a thing so why are people not proud enough of these minor achievement, why not just say 'Thank you, I love it too'. I know what I would say and so do my friends......'I know, don't I look fab'?

Three weeks to go and I am dying to break free, I am pulling through, making the most of my last moments here, and people ask me if I am sad, no, no I am not, this is not the end of my relationship with France, it's only the beginning if my work experience is anything to go by.

One week into working as a translator and I am loving it (please note that this has been written before feedback has been given). I was thinking that I would be bored and that the women in the office would be bitches but French women can be nice.

It is nice to be in a work environment again and taking a two-hour lunch is the icing on this tarte aux pomme.

Let's just say that my job hunt spans over more than just the UK, what do they say about the world being your oyster? Well I dunno really cos an oyster is really small, I would like to think of it as my ocean, I was scared to dive in but this week I learned that if I am careful and relaxed, I can adapt to the way the water flows enjoying everything that it has to offer.

Love love!

2 comments:

  1. beautiful post but I'm sure you already know that! ;) Here's to the next 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I appreciating hearing it though!

    ReplyDelete