Thursday, February 18, 2010

Love is black

I can’t believe it has been three weeks since I last blogged.

I am 25, the countdown has been and gone and I am still as messy, indecisive and crazy as I was before, now I have an SLR camera to capture my moments of madness.

My family came for my birthday, it was fantastic. We stayed in the hotel next to Lyon’s version of Hyde Park, Parc de la Tete d’or may trump London’s as it has giraffes and you can go rowing. The apartment had two balconies that couldn’t really be enjoyed due to the snow that would not cease for prayer or cursing. A bedroom assigned to the parents far away from the living room we kids shared meant a pleasant nights sleep away from the harmonious snoring of the parental symphony.

Sitting in the sauna my sister told me of her good news, I couldn’t sit still and every time I looked at her I smiled…prayers do come true.

Friday, the day before the big day we marched around the streets of Lyon and even visited the famous Fouviere. Within minutes of stepping off the airport shuttle bus we all started winding each other up, it was funny though, I missed it!


Dinner at L’est (some big wigs restaurant). I decided to go to eat the night before my birthday and keep the actual day simple, plans can go awry and I didn’t want stress myself. The food was lovely and I got a special song for my birthday. We all had a good time although the family was rather tired from waking up for the Easyjet flight at 4am but you gotta do what you gotta do huh!

My brother and I parted ways with the other three to party the night away…I was overdressed and I knew it, I normally am but it’s my birthday and I’ll overdress if I want to. There was an awkward mix of characters but everyone got along, from the Italian guy my Polish friend and I had met the other day who sipped shots to the rugby played who turned up with a heart-shaped necklace. (I’m in trouble)


The big day arrived and I started it off early. I wanted my family to enjoy the big day as much as I planned it; nothing was going to ruin it. I suppose that is why I didn’t invite any friends for the big day; I can almost always rely on my family when I say that it is something important they are there. No friends were there to celebrate with me the week before and while maybe last year I would have been upset. This year I am glad I knew what to expect!

I received handmade cards from the children that I had taught at Annabel’s school and I almost started to cry, you don’t really know how much of an effect you have on people. I love that feeling of making other people happy. I am o happy at the moment, my energy levels are up, I am playing football and basketball with the kids, we have a new gorgeous puppy (another animal has been added to the farm).

There’s no other way to describe how I feel but content!

Love is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment