Monday, February 1, 2010

15 Again

I love humble people, I live with two of the most humble people that I have ever met and although they have money coming out of every orifice, it's not an issue.

What I mean by it is not an issue is that the world and their aunty does not need to know about their wealth. I got to thinking about the people I know when I bid a 'friend' a happy new year, I didn't like the response. We hadn't yet passed the first three weeks of the new year and the response that I received was as if I said it to in June.

This 'friend' has always been arrogant , I suppose one of the things that drew me to them in the first place, I kind of looked up to them, the confidence and the swagger has an allure.

As I get older many things are changing, body, image, interests, views and opinions. I am getting real comfortable with myself, and while I have never lacked self confidence perhaps I wasn't truly comfortable. If you know me and think that I didn't give a damn before, well now I really don't give much thought to what people's opinions are of me, as long as I am not hurting anyone, I will continue to do my thing.

As 25 approaches, I feel myself drawing closer to a younger me, full of spirit and sassiness, energy and drive ambition and commitment. I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment