Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Where am I?

Oh no, mon dieu! My third day here and truly the first day of work and the blond lady sitting across from me was telling me that I had missed my stop. But what? Huh? How? For goodness sake, what is wrong with the French, why can’t they just speak English, where am I? Forget learning this French ish, where T F am I?

As she told me where I was and explained that I had took the wrong bus I grimaced, oh crap, now I have to call Janette embarrassing first, expensive second as I still didn’t have a French sim….oh and merde, les enfants.

It was 4.20 and I had to be at the school by 4.30.

But, the day before went Ok, I arrived on time, turned down the wrong road at first but I got there, now I wasn’t going to be able to do my job. Ah, why me?!

Janette came to get me and I explained that I had taken the 161 this morning and the other day, she repeated what she told me upon my arrival the first day. Faites attention the buses do not always stop at MorancĂ© and that I had to take the 164. Now you tell me……again! Oops.

We went to get the children, half an hour later than usual and I was well and truly embarrassed, head bowed for most of the night! Janette later told me that it wasn’t too serious as it wasn’t as if I had left them in the street…..I wouldn’t manage to do that, would I?

No comments:

Post a Comment