Tuesday, October 6, 2009

From C to C

After mummy, yes mummy dropped me off and went on her way the day after we arrived at this rustic country house, I have since sorted out my travel card, ‘Rhone Pass’, signed up to my language class, 'toute seule' but failed to sort out a sim card. I guess I find it a bit too ridiculous to pay 30euros for a sim card. Do we really have it that good in England?

Upon wiping Frederic's tusch, I figured the real work had begun the third day after my arrival, he said something about kaka. At four years old Fred tries to speak but I do not always understand, he is a sweet and a very cheeky little boy, whose smile enables you to forgive all. I soon understood what he meant when he pointed at his trousers, once he had finished he called me, bent over bum in air to allow me to wipe. Hmmm.

The family have been great, Janette (the mum) especially, welcoming me into the bosom of the family. Coralie, the eldest quickly befriended me the first day. As we sat in the sun doing her English homework, I found that she really loved the English language. The children gave me a tour of the house (I did not tell them that their father already had) and I marveled at the balconies, in fact the inside was almost as spectacular as the outside with the large windows and real fireplace, tiled floors and high ceiling in the corridor. The family reside on perhaps one acre of land with a stream running beside it and the garden (if it can be called that) has swings, hammocks, a pond.

Upon arrival we were greeted by a Labrador and a very large dog, which much ressembled a St Bernard. Jean-Pierre (the dad) told me the name but I can’t much remember, he said something in french and I nodded. The large swimming pool I was told was out of bounds for Frederic but that he much liked playing on the swing. Up in one of the many trees lived an incomplete but impressive treehouse. Jean-Pierre blushed as he told me that he had not had the time to complete it and that he was more of an intellect than a labourer.


So that’s how I went from city girl to country girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment