Thursday, October 8, 2009

Beatles

Beatles

‘I say yes….’ sang Coralie ‘you say no’ she continued..... erm no J I don’t know it, sorry erm. Yeah!

Ben it’s the Beatles. she shrieked.

But why does everyone think that just because I am English that I am going to like the group, I know about three songs of theirs and don’t much care for them. How many black people do you hear singing follow the yellow brick road….was that them? Whatever. I followed M. J (RIP). If I really want to get African, we listened to Sina Peters, King Suny Ade when I was young. In fact, I know more Abba songs than Beatles and they don’t even come from England.

So as I sat in the driving seat, J looked at me in disbelief although I hadn’t beaten any of her kids, it was unheard of not to know the song. I won’t tell her that I don’t think I even like the group, I don’t want to cause anymore alarm. Oh la la

No comments:

Post a Comment