Thursday, October 15, 2009

Boulangerie

I can still feel the sting of the dirty slap that Frederic gave me today, he likes to play rough and I still think it was unintentional unlike his attack earlier on today.

It all started well, I picked the children up from school and decided as I spend absolutely no money whatsoever to buy the typical French family some bread.
We seem to be forever munching on this and the children don’t seem to tire of eating it with every meal.

Parking the car/van was a task in itself but trying to coerce a 4-year old out of it was another. His sister said we could lock him in as we could see him. Louise and I stepped into the shop and could see Fred in the drivers seat turning on the light and we could hear him pressing the horn, all fun and games for him but humph, not for me.

At home we played, which we don’t normally do, Fred normally waits while I help Coralie with her homework. She seems to crave attention and her parents have decided that she must work alone. She didn’t, she could not focus and continued to disturb us every two minutes

Then Fred threw a tantrum as I started to help Coralie with her work, Annabel had already parted for her swimming lesson, she leads a very active life, even more so that I did when I had a life and she is 8.

A broken chair and a bruised ego was the scene that Jeanne interrupted. The chair, bien sur, hers and the ego of Fred's. That child tries to push me every day but I am not having it. Whoever said children are innocent doesn’t remember their own childhood as they are as crafty as they come.

Perhaps I could slip away and sleep. Erm No, for the third night this week, the parents were going out. Lucky me, no sleeps until 11 for the third night running….but I love my sleep I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment