Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bon Voyage

The last night with the family and surely we could have a peaceful one, er, what was I thinking, of course not.

The accommodation was not booked so J and JP were running around like headless chicken. I waited patiently, mumbled a couple of comments that I was tired in the hopes that we may be able to eat soon to no avail.

I was annoyed, I would be working at the library early the next morning, I decided to volunteer as it would mean that I would be in contact with French speakers all the time, plus I have so much free time on my hands.

J and JP knew this and as the clock struck 10pm and my belly was still empty, my patience was exhausted and I decided to go to bed.

I felt it very selfish that I had to suffer for their lack of preparation, I even thought about searching for an apartment for them, then I remembered the gratitude or lack of when I found the one that we stayed at in Montpellier.

Two weeks of peace unfortunately could not keep the anger boiling in my stomach.

I should have eaten with the kids I thought to myself.

At 10.17 J called me, I told her that I was already in bed, five minutes later I was bitching to my sister and my friend.

The next day I ate breakfast with the children as I wouldn’t be seeing them for a while I made a special effort. J descended and asked me if I ate at all, I told her no, it was too late for me and turned away. I think that was sufficient.

Coralie rode her bike while I walked to the library, it turns out that it is not that far on foot. The first day went smoothly and I even met some girls around my age at the library, shame they were only there for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment