Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Barcelona, a volcano, four girls (what happened to the other two?), a rental car and a GPS. (Part 1)

I (we) had landed and was more than excited about this trip, sun, sea and clubbing….sounds like Ibiza but no, it’s Barcelona. Lacy was already there (turns out in a totally different terminal) and we were just waiting on Anja.

I had left the farm and was ready to leave my cares and worries behind. Who says that you can’t run away from your problems? This was to be the start of a new…..well week I guess.

This trip to Barcelona ignited my desire to

1) Party

2) Eat

3) Take pictures

4) Speak Spanish

5) Run away from my host family.

The other five girls that were with me didn’t know each other from Jack and I did wonder how that was going to pan out. One couldn’t speak English and the other no French.

When we finally found the apartment we were pleasantly surprised, it was clean spacious and best of all, there were two bathrooms….no balcony though.

I had put the deposit on my card and tried not to freak out every time I heard a clash of plates.

Every day was an adventure and as we lost ourselves in the Catalan roads and learned new Spanish words, while praying for a break in the clouds I couldn’t help but appreciate this city for the second time in one year.

As the girls looked to me for direction (being a native an all) I looked online for the Mango Outlet, this mission needed to be completed and as efficiently as possible.

So I ended up going twice in a row but hey I’m worth it.

This trip was a lot different than my previous one, both having their merits in leaving me wanting more of this wonderland.

Highlights included, 7 Portes, crazy night along the boardwalk where we couldn’t speak to each other and Lo had to wash the dishes. Foodgasms, wearing shorts when it is freezing, Natural poses……..TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment