Thursday, December 17, 2009

I think we need some time apart.....

Ok so he's told me that he loves me, but that does not excuse his behaviour, anyway, he takes it back now and again so I don't know if I believe him, I think we need some time apart.

Frederic, Coralie, Louise and I definitely need some time apart, seeing them day in and day out is even becoming too much for their parents, I don't think anyone would think me rash if I called in supernanny. I'm sure there is an equivalent for the English word 'Discipline'in French oh yeah it's 'Discipline'and under the same Oxford Hatchette definition there appears a key word, which can work hand in hand if applied appropriately to help keep children in line, any guesses??? Here's a clue 'Punition'(punishment).

Coralie has a penpal in Burkina Faso, let me stress this now that this is a Francophone (French speaking) African country. I come from an old English colony.
J and Coralie were not sure the sex of the penpal and J wondered if I did. 'Do you know?' she asked me, to which I swiftly replied 'I don't think so' she proceeded to read out a name that sounded as foreign to my ears as hers. 'erm no', I repeated dryly (Just as you wouldn't know if Czeslaw was a boy or girl even though it is European I thought sarcastically).

People need to realise that even within my country languages vary greatly, I continued to explain that our languages are very different and that she would probably be closer to knowing the sex than me. I was offended and that couldn't be hidden.

I'm off to Geneva for the weekend and can't wait, it's the first of my travels that I have planned for myself. Off with two girls from Hungary. We celebrated one of their birthdays one night in Vieux Lyon. En route I was accosted by a drunk French boy, to whom I spoke not a word of French. He then proceeded to try to speak English ('You are very beautiful) Thanks I thought, I'll make sure that my parents and God know what you think of their creation but, I really don't think much of you in that state.

I think that France and I also need some time apart, I am fed up of the drunk men, dirty men, I would just say men.....but that's some way off. But at least it has been signed sealed and verified by the drunken male public of Lyon, I am beautiful.

Lyon itself is beautiful, even more so during the Festival of Lights. Celebrated each year in December the Lyonais thank Mary (mother of Jesus) for saving them from some sort of plague or something (was only half listening when J explained to me) by alluminating the city. (I like to keep my blog very simple but for the purposes of illustrating the beauty of this please find below an appropriate picture)



I went out with my friend to a kebab shop before hitting the town. We treated ourselves to full fat coke (I only drink full fat, what's the point of diet?). She proceeded to drop the bomb 'You're my first black friend and this is the first time that I have been out with a black person', nothing shocks me anymore though, I gathered that they didn't have many 'Blacks' in Poland and was not in the least bit offended. It was nice to have someone so genuine and warm in my midst. She was fascinated by my hair and the different styles that I had on my facebook. She asked me my preference in men, which led me to think about the rubbish Man-o-Man show where ladies would get rid of the male contestants that they didn't want by pushing them into the swimming pool. I have recently pushed a few guys into the pool (figuratively speaking) and was wondering if I had a specific taste. My taste I would say is varied, I only want a few things, committment, respect, honesty, fun fun fun fun, aspirations and I love an intelligent man is that too much to ask...well all at once I guess. Numero uno is personality so yes my preference may not lie in looks but in a man knowing where he's been and where he wants to go. Ok he gotta be cute.

At one point in the last few weeks, I thought that I had become more forgiving, you can't really stay angry at a child for too long and I suppose my patience has grown, I am learning how to cook new foods and am trying things that I have never tried before. It's been a while but I have oh so much to say, christmas is here and I cannot wait to go home, the children are driving me up the wall and I am itching to see my friends and family again.

1 comment:

  1. Yes Ife, christmas is here indeed and we are itching to see you too!

    "You're my first black friend...this is the first time I have been out with a black person"...I am rolling on the floor, dying with laughter!!!

    ReplyDelete